The Southern Africa Trust was established in 2005 to support civil society organisations in southern Africa to participate effectively and with credibility in policy dialogue so that the voices of the poor can have a better impact in the development of public policies.
The Trust supports processes that deepen and widen participation in policy dialogues with a regional impact on poverty. It:
- Is an independent, regional, non-profit agency registered in South Africa;
- Supports organisations and processes with regional impact;
- Supports deeper and wider engagement in policy dialogues;
- Supports public policy development to overcome poverty;
- Supports voices of the poor to be heard in policy dialogue.